The new Google algorithm has made life much more interesting for those SEO professionals who like a challenge. It is a time to embrace change and compete with a new set of rules.
In the last post, I discussed how we can improve our Google Rankings by improving the relevance and engagement level of our websites. Once we have this in place, the next step is to make the website popular on the web.
While making your website popular, do it in a way that you enjoy doing. Just forget about link building and spread the love…by expressing yourself on blogs and forums, publishing news worthy content and providing interesting resources on your website.
There are a few methods which have and will stand the test of time :
- Write interesting/useful content and publish it on your website and blog.
- Explore the possibility of publishing your content on other blogs. You can write to blog owners/webmasters and ask them if they would like a post on a topic. Bloggers love to help each other, share opinions, hear and get heard.
- Put interesting images and video on your website, with social media buttons next to them. People love to share interesting video’s on facebook, twitter and g+ which results in viral link building.
- Generate high quality press releases and publish them on the web using newswires.
- Participate in forums and answer questions for other people or simply ask questions
- Use Rss aggregators to make your content travel. Rss agrregators will publish your content on other websites extending your reach to a wider audience
- Explore opportunities to publish your content on Government and Educational websites. This sounds difficult but is really the easiest way to get authority links for your website.
Link Building can be the most boring or most interesting activity depending on the methods we use. I find it is fun when I see it as a method of outreach, creating opportunities to get to know new people and generate new opportunities.