Search engine optimisation has changed the way users scout for information on the web. Online businesses today have, at their disposal, a number of on-page and off-page elements that can take their websites to high rankings on search results. Here, we will be discussing some of the important off-page factors:
- Social Media – It is the most effective method of reaching out to your target market. Businesses are increasingly using social media marketing to interact with their prospects and promote their brand. Create your company’s Wikipedia page, register with websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., distribute online videos – all these efforts are sure to improve your SEO effectiveness.
- Local Listings – Local SEO listings displayed on Yahoo Local, Citypages, BOTW local, MSN Live, and other local search engines will enable your site to be found by prospects in your vicinity.
- Viral Marketing – Promote your brand by working actively on portals like Digg and StumbleUpon. These are the best places to popularize your site without using actual marketing techniques.
- Inbound Links – Links pointing to your website are an important indicator of its credibility and popularity on the web. In fact, search engines like Google pay a lot of heed to the number and relevance of web pages that provide inbound links to your site.
- Blogging – Create your company’s blog, either on a blogging site or as a sub domain. Make posts regularly and encourage users to comment on them. Also, make sure you promote the blog as a separate entity, so that you can redirect readers to your main website when need be.
- Page Rank – Work upon improving your site’s Page Rank by compiling a list of competitive metrics, including Google PR, SEOMoz PageStrength, Delicious bookmarks, StumbleUpon, page indexing etc.