So your SEO company has done a fabulous job & you get found on rank 1 of Google for all keyphrases possible. You have the traffic flowing and enquiries are coming. Great! Is it time to celebrate? Yes, However…
When people conduct a search on your/your company name, what do they find? Do they find just your website and your linked in profile? Or do they find conversations on blogs and forums about you/your company. If yes, do you know what these conversations are about? Are they some of your delighted customers talking about how you helped them. Or is it an angry customer/ slanderer intent on tarnishing your reputation?
If there are conversations happening about you/your company, the good news is : ‘any conversation’ is better than ‘no conversation’
Even if someone is trying to tarnish your reputation by slandering about you online, it is an opportunity for you (and some of your brand advocates) to enter the conversation. This will highlight your positive side and get more attention to your website & company
If you want to build your reputation, follow these steps :
* Put up an online poll on your website to get customer opinion on different aspects of your service
* Publish useful information for your customers e.g, if you are in first home loans, latest information about government grants, property trends and forecasts, recent auctions etc. If your website is resource rich and provides the LATEST info, you get recognised as a GIVER and GIVERS GAIN
* Don’t be afraid to publish your opinion about what is happening. Opinion Leaders get more respect and following than fence sitters
* Get endorsements from customers and industry bodies and publish them prominently on your website
* If you make any claims, back them with evidence. The internet is a cesspool of information and any claims not backed by evidence will be looked at with skepticism
* Show the informal side of your company. Make a video of your employees in an informal setting outside your office.
Everyday prospects, customers and other stakeholders connect with your company on an emotional level.
So when SEO is on max, it’s time for some reputation building!