Well, I am happy to share seven of our time tested SEO secrets with you. Let me know if you knew all of them. Then, they were not secrets…:)
- Diversify your traffic sources :This one is not just about link building. It’s about getting relevant visitors to your website from a diversity of sources…These include your column on popular blogs, natural PR from social media sites and strategic links from related but non-competing sites.
- Get fresh content on auto : You should not have to keep writing content or hire a ghost writer to keep pumping content into your website. Create avenues for user generated content. We created 35000 visitors/month and 186 rank 1’s on Google for a client site using this approach.
- Optimise the loading time of your pages. Replace heavy flash files with jpeg images.
- Make sure that the links on your site are logically taking the user along the conversion paths. Analyse your click overlays in google analytics and observe the bounce and exit rates of respective pages. Pages with high bounce rate need to be worked on. Check your navigation paths to see at what stage visitors are leaving your website.
- Install goal conversions in Google Analytics with different levels of conversion. e.g entering the shopping cart, clicking on add to shopping cart and the final purchase. This will provide valuable insights into your engagement level at different stages of the process.
- Stay ahead of the game : Listen to the experts, including Google but read between the lines to gain insights on what is coming. Why is the Google wonderwheel so popular? Why is long tail becoming a key traffic driver? Spend time thinking and possibly brainstorming with your peers on SEO strategies.
- Attend workshops which discuss quality SEO and provide hands on training. This one is no secret and switched on people stay up to date with the latest trends and developments by being at the tight place at the right time.