Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Another core element that will help you successfully compete online is when you implement SEO into your online marketing strategy. Along with Design, Usability, User Experience (UX), and Conversions, SEO will help you gain optimum visibility on search engines so that your prospects and existing clients can easily find you online! That only means that you will gain more sales leads and eventually convert them into revenue!
Sometimes, designing your website for SEO can be little bit tricky as your web designer and SEO expert might have different ideas on how a website should look and function. The key to your business’ website success relies heavily on how well you can mash the technicalities of SEO and artistic values of web design. Once you have found the perfect balance between the two, combined with the key elements of Design, Usability, UX and Conversion Optimisation, your website will turn into a money-making machine!
- Try to avoid or use as little splash pages and Flash menus even if they look good on your website. It only makes it harder for Google to read the content on your website.
- Use proper heading tags on every landing page (h1, h2, h3, etc.)
- Optimise your website for mobile and tablets
- Create HTML and XML sitemaps so that search engines can properly index your website
- Make sure that images have ALT attributes and descriptions so that Google can “see” them and include them into the search results
- Use relevant anchor text links and build SEO-friendly URLs (Friendly: www.example.com/topic-name, Unfriendly: www.example.com/?p=578544)
Remember the 5 pillars and never let it slip out of our mind – Design, Usability, User Experience (UX), Conversions and Search Engine Optimisation!
Once you integrate all of the 5 Pillars of a Successful Online Business into your website and online marketing strategy, it will certainly help you dominate your industry and generate high revenue for your business!