1. Rise of Mobile Advertising : Smart Phone users are action oriented and when they search for something they act on it quickly. We find that targeted mobile campaigns are a highly effective way of increasing the return on online advertising. According to a report by Gartner Research, Mobile phones will overtake pc’s as the most commonly used online devices in 2013. Astute marketers will capitalise on this trend to diversify their advertising.
2. Content Marketing : Content Marketing will be the new mantra for marketers in 2013. Content Strategy will encompass multiple channels including websites, social media, newsletters etc and companies which plan and create quality content consistently will get tremendous advantages including improved branding, seo and customer engagement.
3. Web Videos will flourish : As the speed of internet increases, there will be a rising trend for persuasive messages to be served using video. Video sharing will be seen as a powerful method of spreading the word.
4. Analytics, Goals and Funnels : Savvy Marketers will start generating powerful insights about their website visitors and customers using analytics data. As online marketing becomes more competitive, the opportunity to increase visitor engagement and loyalty, improve search engine optimisation and increase sales using analytics data cannot be ignored.
5. Multichannel Marketing : New channels will continue to evolve and marketing managers will have to use myriads of channels to their advantage if they want to achieve market leadership. This will also mean that measuring and monitoring cost of acquisition will become increasing complex and cross channel attribution will be vital for getting a realistic picture on the effectiveness of each channel
6. The only SEO will be High Quality SEO : While SEO companies will continue to proliferate, there will be only a handful who will able to deliver results. SEO will no longer be a solo sport but a team effort. SEO Teams will have to be a mix of senior programmers, content writers, video specialists, social media experts and link builders.
7. Online Communities : Your online presence will no longer be about disseminating information but about having an engaged community that loves to visit and interact on your website, social media channels etc and develops a sense of belonging to it. It will be about the stories you tell them and how they resonate as also about the stories they tell.