If you have engaged an SEO company to optimise your website on search engine results, chances are that you consider it to be an important element of your marketing strategy. But have you thought about what is the best way to measure the progress of your SEO Agency. Be wary of the following :
- Giving too much importance to rankings instead of Business Goals. Install Goal Conversions in Google Analytics to measure the dollar value of SEO Results
- Choosing keywords which are low on search intent : Keywords which have a high relevance to your offering will have a lower bounce rate. For example, if you are a local company, it is better to optimise your website for region specific keywords than generic keywords
- Cluttering your website with keywords to get rankings without regard for navigation and user engagement
- Creating Links from irrelevant websites. Exchange links with quality websites from complimentary businesses.
- Not talking about the customer and their needs in the website. Instead of talking about yourself, it is better to start with the needs of the customer and how you provide the best solution
- Copying other websites : If you must copy, do it intelligently…add your creativity and uniqueness.
- Boring content : Generate interest by engaging your target audience through quizzes, polls, seeking opinion etc