Link Building is one of the most important search engine optimisation techniques that can impact a website in a big way. Getting inbound links to your web pages not only helps in increasing traffic, but also adds to PageRank value, and therefore, the overall rankings of your site.
As far as link building is concerned, some of the important aspects that you need to take care of are:
- Great content – Make sure your pages have relevant and informative content that will hold users’ attention.
- Online press releases – Come out with press releases periodically and post them on relevant PR sites so that people know what your business is up to.
- List in directories – Get your site listed in well-known directories that are capable of directing good amounts of traffic to your web pages.
- Ask for a link – In the online marketplace, you have to ask for a link. If you don’t ask, you don’t get it.
- Leverage social media – Create profile pages in prominent social media networks. Interact with your prospective users and let them know what you have on offer.
- Forums and blogs – Post comments and participate in forum threads in order to create awareness about your brand and generate effective back links.
- Evaluate the Link Quality – The inbound link has to be from a credible and relevant source. Link farms and websites not related to your business should be completely discouraged.
- Anchor text – The keywords used in your links’ anchor texts should be optimised as per your SEO campaign.